Wednesday, May 30, 2018


Ha ha. Life is continuing to throw us curve balls. I spoke to Inaki this morning and he has leased Burbayar to Ancon Expeditions for 6 years. How inconsiderate! It is theirs in two days and under renovation now. We are meeting him at 1:00 but he says it is “complicado.” So, who knows where we head next. The expression in Panama is “todo es possible, nada es seguro.” Everything is possible but nothing is assured. We may stay another night here then head out tomorrow. There are several other places we want to visit but I'm extremely disappointed. Another adjustment. I'll either come back much more flexible or insane. I'm working through a cold I caught in Santiago. I know, I'm to old and delicate for this type of travel. Waaaa, again. We will come out of this stronger and better. I need to get that engraved on something. Maybe a tattoo. More photos to follow.

We met Inaki for a three hour lunch and he said that there is a lot of work going on at Burbayar, but we can stay a few days, just can't interfere with the work. He seems to be concerned about our comfort more than letting us be there. He called a Kuna friend of his and arranged a discounted stay in San Blas. We will leave Inaki's on Saturday and have 4 days 3 nights in San Blas. By no means enough.  Que vida dura. He also said that I looked like a gay Papa Noel.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for the setback. Yes...you do look like a gay Papa Noel.

    ReplyDelete