Friday, June 1, 2018


O.K. So we are in Burbayar. We enjoyed some time with the kids of the caretaker, Corina and Javier. They taught Charles how to play some video games on the computer.
A little later I spied a toad that I explained to Charles was slightly toxic and exuded a mild hallucinogen. He hesitated to touch it and refused to lick his fingers afterward. I did and saw lots of strange bugs and birds... but they were all real. No, really real. I guess I didn't lick him hard enough.
Charles was asleep when I came in to the Cabana and objected strongly when I tossed one of those toads into his bed. He thought it was severed foot at first. Tomorrow Inaki is coming to spend the night and ramrod the renovations. We'll stay one more night then off to the islands. Charles took a brief hike on one of the easy trails and seems happy to be here. For me it's heaven. So many memories of the place. It's a shame that this will likely be the last time I can visit with such privileges. It has rained in half hour spurts about 4 times but the temperature is lovely because of the altitude and no bug bites. We are on the continental divide of Panama and the area has it's own micro-climate. There is a reason rain is the first word in “rain forest.”

Tomorrow should be great, laid back, total relaxation etc. AND it's free! I'm so glad we didn't miss it.

4 comments:

  1. Good to hear you're in Panama! Stay safe and stop irritating Charlie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to see your friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did Charles totally freak I've the road?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol @ tossed toad. Oldest trick in the book.

    ReplyDelete